Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Do you feel this is reasonable, and why? What would you charge?

I don't have a certificate, but I have an EMT license, so I would know what to do in an emergency. I'm 16 years old and she has two children. Ages 6 and 10, I would be working 8-4pm as well as cleaning her house every Monday and Friday. (Dusting, dishes, occupying them, vacuuming, cleaning windows and messes) I don't mind the work but she just remodeled her whole house, and added another story. She said she would pay me 200$ cash at the end of each week... It comes out to 2$ per child per hour. I live in Jersey and the online calculators say I should be getting paid 5-6$ per child. I'm wondering if I will be getting underpaid, don't get me wrong I'm not greedy or trying to 'steal' money from them. Just, simply wondering how others see this. Especially from a parent view. I understand the recession has hit many of us, my family included, but the mother is a nurse and her husband is a contractor. She has yet to call me back sometime today to see her children and if they likr me I could start whenever she likes.

No comments:

Post a Comment